- The official homepage of the organization. Contains links to all national entities.
- ALA | Every Child Ready to Read Every Child Ready to Read @ your library
- Home page for the Every Child Ready to Read Project. There are some good resources for parents and librarians under the resources link.
- ALA | Great Web Sites for Kids
- Web sites approved by the American Library Association. You can search by intended audience, keywords, OR URL using the fields below.
- Boy Scouts of America
- The Boy Scouts of America provides youth with programs and activities that allow them to try new things, provide service to others, build self-confidence, and reinforce ethical standards.
- Boy Scouts of America - Dunes Moraine District
- The Dunes Moraine District serves 1600 youth in Porter County, IN through 600 adult volunteers. This website provides important information concerning local Scouting activitites and training opportunities and links to important Scouting websites.
- Everything for children, youth, parents, teachers and youth workers. Resources from Streetcats Foundation for Youth and National Childrens Coalition.
- Free coloring pages, crafts, lesson plans, games and more
- Disney | The Official Home Page for All Things Disney
- The official online resource to all things Disney: theme parks, resorts, movies, Disney Channel programs, characters, games, videos, music, shopping, and more!
- DLTK's Printable Crafts for Kids
- DLTK's Crafts for Kids features a variety of fun, printable children's crafts, coloring pages and more including projects for holidays, educational themes and some of our children's favorite cartoon characters.
- Early Childhood Meeting Place
- Look under family information and resources tab for a great directory of important resources and information for families of young children sponsored by the Indiana State Department of Health, Maternal and Children's Special Health Care Services, Sunny Start Initiative.
- Free Rice
- Give free rice to hungry people by playing a simple game that increases your knowledge.
- Girl Scouts of the USA: Official Web Site
- The world's largest organization dedicated to all girls ages 5-17, supported by adult volunteers. Find information, activities for girls, adult resources, online shop, council locations.
- Google Kids featuring SafeSearch tips and tools for Kids and Teens.
- Google kids includeds Google's safe search engine to enhance your child's online web surfing experience in a safe manner.
- Kids Next Door
- A site from HUD where kids can learn to be good citizens.
- Kid's Wave
- Kids Wave Sites are family safe.
- KidsClick! is owned and run by the School of Library and Iformation Science (SLIS) at Kent State University. It provides categorized links to sites for kids.
- MaMaMedia.com - THE place for Kids on the Net
- A little imagination leads to big fun at MaMaMedia.com. Create cartoons, play challenging games, make wacky creatures, paint digital pictures, design and send animated cards and more. Discover by doing and create while clicking at this safe and surprising website.
- National Geographic Kids
- Features different people, animals, and places each month with facts, games, activities, and related links.
- Parenting articles for raising happy, healthy children from conception to graduation. Use our baby names tool, ovulation calculator, pregnancy due date calendar, and online parenting videos & forums.
- Parents As Teachers of Porter County
- Parents As Teachers of Porter County is a universal access, early childhood family education program that provides free, one-on-one guidance and support to parents interested in shaping their birth to five year old children into healthy and functional children ready to enter school and eager to succeed in life.
- PBS Kids
- A safe place for kids to explore and play hundreds of fun educational games with their favorite PBS KIDS characters.
- Porter County Kids
- Welcome to Porter County Kids, a comprehensive site to find and share fun things to do with your kids, and whole family, in Porter County, Indiana. Find fun things to do in Portage, Valparaiso, Beverley Shores, Burns Harbor, Chesterton, Dune Acres, Hebron, Kouts, Ogden Dunes, Porter, and Town of Pines.
- Preschool Express by Jean Warren
- Preschool Express - early childhood education site for preschool themes, curriculum ideas, and toddler activities - language, art, games, songs, crafts, printable patterns, and school supplies - written by Jean Warren for teachers and parents of preschool, day care, kindergarten, and home school to develop lesson plans.
- Preschool Printables
- Preschool Printables .Com We're here, so you can get back to what's important! Print out calendars, classroom news, awards, etc...
- A free website to teach children to read with phonics. For preschool, kindergarten, and first grade. Exciting phonics games and online interactive books.
- Yahoo! Kids
- Yahoo Kids! is the ultimate web guide for kids! Features fun and educational resources for kids with games, animals, music, jokes, movies, news, astrology, TV, science, e-cards, reference, and more.
- Minecraft Hosting Provided By
Special Places to Visit:
Learn about our programs and services for
Westchester Township History Museum
Local history is our specialty. Learn about the programs, displays, and archives we have
in a historic home.
County Public Library Catalog
All of the residents of Porter County can use any county
library through a reciprocal borrowing agreement. Use this link to search the county system for the titles you
Inspire is a collection of premium resources provided to the citizens of Indiana by the Indiana State
Library. The site contains full text journal articles, encyclopedias, and even a Testing and Education
Reference Center where you can study and take practice tests for many fields of study. Explore Inspire
Homework Help and tutoring from the Rose-Hulman Institute of