- 19th Indiana
- The Official Web Page of the 19th Indiana Civil War Reenactors.
- Calumet Regional Archives
- The mission of the Calumet Regional Archives shall be to collect, preserve, and make available records from organizations and individuals to document the history of Indiana's Calumet Region (Lake and Porter Counties) for use by students, scholars, and the general public.
- Citizen Potawatomi Nation (CPN)
- The Potawatomi are among the wave of Algonquian-speaking people who occupied the Great Lakes region from prehistoric times through the early 1800’s. This is their web site.
- Conner Prairie Interactive History Park
- Conner Prairie is the nation's finest outdoor living history museum, based in Fishers, Indiana. The site also contains links to a number of Indiana historical documents.
- Historic Prophetstown
- Historic Prophetstown... discover a three way mirror to the past that reflects the prairie, the Native American Settlement, and the 1920s Farmstead. This land holds valuable lessons about those people who hunted, farmed, loved, lost, and changed the land over the last 200 years.
- Historical Museums of Indiana - A History Guide
- Indiana history museums. Learn about historic Indiana and discover the history of Indiana people. Locate Indiana history museums, old Indiana photos, Indiana place histories, Indiana historic sites, Indiana history timelines, state symbols, Indiana genealogy research libraries and other Indiana history data.
- Indiana Historical Society
- Since 1830, the Indiana Historical Society has been Indiana's storyteller, connecting people to the past.
- Indiana Medical History Museum
- Located in Indianapolis, the IMHM is a private, nonprofit organization. It is not supported by any state, historical, or medical organization. The historical artifacts of Indiana’s medical past are preserved through admission fees, membership dues, and donations.
- Indiana State Museum
- The Indiana State Museum's vision is to be a vibrant, thriving destination, financially and organizationally strong enough to take creative risks, where diverse sets of people seek to satisfy their curiosity about what has happened in Indiana, what is happening now and what still may happen.
- Indiana Weather History
- A collection of interesting, significant, and not so significant weather events.
- Indiana: History, Geography, Population, and State Facts from Infoplease.com
- Information on Indiana; economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- LaPorte County Historical Society
- The Society operates the Historical Museum where you can view historic exhibits, images and documents.
- Miami Nation of Indians of Indiana
- The official website of the Nation.
- Northern Indiana Historical Society - Center for History.
- The history of Indiana that is provided here should be perceived as a brief history on the development and foundation of our state. The text was compiled from several sources, including some college textbooks and primary sources.
- Porter County Museum
- The purpose of the Historical Society's Museum is to celebrate the history of Porter County. The Museum tells the story of local people and events by presenting interpretive displays of artifacts and primary sources.
- Project Canal Trek
- Project Canaltrek is a statewide effort to enhance the subject of Indiana history, and to demonstrate to students and teachers the educational value of the World Wide Web. The project uses the historic Wabash-Erie Canal as a symbolic "information superhighway" to link students throughout the state in collaborative and educational relationships.
- Union Regiments - Indiana
- This is an archive of the regimental histories of the infantry, artillery, and calvalry regiments from Indiana that served in the Civil War.
- VisitIndiana.net - Historic places
- Indiana Tourism at VisitIndiana.net. Indiana's leading site for Indiana travel and tourism information. Museums, Attractions, Accommodations, Restaurants, Famous Hoosiers and more!
Special Places to Visit:
Learn about our programs and services for
Westchester Township History Museum
Local history is our specialty. Learn about the programs, displays, and archives we have
in a historic home.
in the Life of Westchester Township
On June 15, 2007 we sent teams into our community to visually document a day in the life.
View the slideshow here.
Another Day in the Life of Westchester
On October 9, 2010 we sent out teams again to document our community.
The photo galleries can be viewed here.
County Public Library Catalog
All of the residents of Porter County can use any county
library through a reciprocal borrowing agreement. Use this link to search the county system for the titles you
Homework Help and tutoring from the Rose-Hulman Institute of
Inspire is a collection of premium resources provided to the citizens of Indiana by the Indiana State
Library. The site contains full text journal articles, encyclopedias, and even a Testing and Education
Reference Center where you can study and take practice tests for many fields of study. Explore Inspire