National and International Page
- American Memory from the Library of Congress
- The home page for the American Memory Historical Collections from the Library of Congress. American Memory provides free access to historical images, maps, sound recordings, and motion pictures that document the American experience. American Memory offers primary source materials that chronicle historical events, people, places, and ideas that continue to shape America.
- Museums around the world
- Virtual Library on-line directory of museums throughout the world, organized by country.
- Museums in the USA
- A listing of over 1500 museums. Includes museums for art, history, and science.
- National Archives and Records Administration
- The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) is the nation's record keeper. Of all documents and materials created in the course of business conducted by the United States Federal government, only 1%-3% are so important for legal or historical reasons that they are kept by us forever. Those valuable records are preserved and are available to you, whether you want to see if they contain clues about your family’s history, need to prove a veteran’s military service, or are researching an historical topic that interests you.
- National Register of Historical Places
- National Register of Historical Places, Historical Properties, Historic Districts, Lodging, Shopping, Restaurants, Renovation Opportunities,
- Smithsonian Institution
- America's national educational facility with 19 museums, 9 research centers and over 140 affiliate museums around the world.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States
- The Statistical Abstract of the United States, published since 1878, is the authoritative and comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political, and economic organization of the United States.
Special Places to Visit:
Learn about our programs and services for
Westchester Township History Museum
Local history is our specialty. Learn about the programs, displays, and archives we have
in a historic home.
County Public Library Catalog
All of the residents of Porter County can use any county
library through a reciprocal borrowing agreement. Use this link to search the county system for the titles you
Inspire is a collection of premium resources provided to the citizens of Indiana by the Indiana State
Library. The site contains full text journal articles, encyclopedias, and even a Testing and Education
Reference Center where you can study and take practice tests for many fields of study. Explore Inspire
Homework Help and tutoring from the Rose-Hulman Institute of